The Office of Human Resources (OHR) has been nationally recognized for its guidance in helping supervisors during the COVID-19 crisis.
EAB, a higher education firm, cited OHR in its April 13 article “3 ways to engage staff with excess capacity during coronavirus.”
The article highlights OHR’s new framework to help supervisors keep their employees engaged and productive during the pandemic. The framework offers tools and tips for supervisors on different ways they can shift their thinking “from challenge mode to opportunity mode,” as their staff’s normal responsibilities and routines may have changed due to the pandemic. The tips are:
- Think AHEAD: Use this time for long-term, strategic planning.
- Think BACK: Examine data on previous projects.
- Think DEEP: Analyze systems currently in place.
- Think ACROSS: Brainstorm ways to help others in their work.
- Think GROWTH: Focus on self and team development.
- Think WELL-BEING: Prioritize physical and mental health.
- Think NOW: Consider which tasks are critical to tackling immediately.
Visit OHR’s website for more guidance, and additional COVID-19 resources for faculty and staff.