The Office of the Provost is inviting proposals from faculty, staff and students for projects that support its Forge Your Own Path strategy, an evolution of Pitt’s Personalized Education initiative. Applications are due Nov. 22, 2019.
The Forge Your Own Path program was established on the belief that students learn more when they are empowered to engage in educational experiences and activities tailored to their unique identities, needs, interests, abilities and aspirations.
With this approach, the University aims to integrate the rich expertise and network of the Pitt community with new and emerging technologies to provide customized, meaningful collaborations, connections and experiences that will prepare and empower our students to lead lives of self-determined impact.
Currently, 34 projects funded by Personalized Education Grants in 2018 and 2019 are under way.
Funding for the 2020 Forge Your Own Path Grant Program is available at two levels:
- Up to $15,000: For small-scale projects that can be completed by June 2021, but which are likely to lead to a larger, scalable project.
- $15,000 or more: For larger-scale, longer-term projects. (Most larger-scale projects will be awarded in the $15,000-$25,000 range.)
Continuation funding will be available for a select number of previously funded Personalized Education Grant projects.
Preference will be given to projects that address one or more of the following:
- Evaluation of advising and mentoring programs
- Development of universal measures of student engagement
- Integration and adoption of student success platforms (e.g., Pathways, Pitt Commons)
- Integration of academic and professional preparation
- Creation of an increased sense of belonging
Proposals will be reviewed by the Office of the Provost in consultation with faculty and staff experts.