To assist full- and part-time regular staff employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Pittsburgh is offering the opportunity for employees to make a one-time donation to or request additional sick time from a Temporary Voluntary Sick Day Bank.
Those who are in need of sick time to cover illness during these extenuating circumstances or those who would like to donate sick time from their own personal accrued sick time can submit a case to HR Shared Services via the ERM Service Desk.
To donate or request sick time, employees must:
- Submit a case to the ERM Service Desk through the online OHR web form.
- Service Area: Human Resources and Payroll
- I Need Help with: Sick Day Bank
- If you are eligible to donate or request time, you will receive the full Temporary Voluntary Sick Day Bank request form via email. Complete the form, and have it signed by your immediate supervisor.
- Return the completed and signed form to HR Shared Services by replying to the open case email from ERM Services Desk.
The option to donate to and request from this bank is effective April 13, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact HR Shared Services by submitting a request via the online OHR web form.
Please review the Temporary Voluntary Sick Day Bank Policy and Procedure for detailed guidelines and protocol.